I couldn’t resist that title because really – a pickled lady in a silent garden? The thought makes me laugh. But before I get to the new Pickled Lady, there are a couple of Silent Garden and Harpsichord blocks to … Continue reading
While I may have been quiet, there has been a fair amount of quilt-related activity. The first thing I did was to get out a couple of stacks of pieces for the various Silent Garden variations I’m making as I … Continue reading
Over the weekend I got all the little triangle units pieced for the red and white mini quilt and one of the four-patch units made. It won’t take long now to get the three additional red and white blocks made. … Continue reading
Wednesday night I was so happy as I’d finished sewing the last group of triangles into arcs for the final six black and white New York Beauty blocks and could see the end coming of working with just black and … Continue reading
I’m back to piecing the border blocks for the Pickled Ladies top, but I had to take some time on the weekend to go through and pick out all my pink and green batiks, so I can dream about making … Continue reading
The centre of the Pickled Ladies top is completed, that is. There’s still more to come for this top. But now all the half pickled clams have been added and so the centre of the quilt top is done and I’m so excited that I can barely stand it!
There are bits at the edges that will get dealt with when the first of the two borders is attached. One of the two borders involves quite a bit of piecing, although I have that almost halfway done now. As long as I manage to stay away from distractions – which I know is next to impossible – I should have the top completed within a month.
Pickled Ladies is definitely my favourite of all the ones I’ve made. I would never have made it were it not for the Inklingo 6″ Clamshell Pickle collection. I can’t even begin to imagine tracing all the little triangles in the arcs but being able to print them made it oh, so achievable and having the templates for the half clamshells really made it easier to choose fabrics for the half pickled clamshells than it may appear. Choosing the fabrics for each clamshell was such fun – lots of fussy cutting/printing which, with a window template, was relatively easy. Making the arcs of the white and black tris went quickly, as it involved lots of continuous stitching. Adding the arcs to the clamshells was another favourite, curved piecing, and then putting the top together was nothing but lots and lots of curved piecing. So the centre of this top definitely had it all as far as I was concerned. Right now it’s approximately 42 x 48.
A rare moment was captured on the weekend. Baxter and Jake were almost touching as they guarded their favourite toys. Mr. Q.O. captioned this one “Playmates – for now.”
The final eight half clamshell pickles are done – so now it’s time to start sewing them on to the top. But first, here are the final eight. I was happy to find so many of my floral fabrics had … Continue reading
I had made the little strips of triangles for the side halves of the Clamshell Pickles a long time ago and they’ve been sitting waiting, all this time, for me to finally get the fabrics chosen and half Pickled Ladies printed … Continue reading
Yes, I know it has been a long time since I blogged, but I have been busy sewing all this time. This post will be a bit short on words, but there are lots of pictures. Part of the piecing has … Continue reading
That’s what I’ve been working with – lots and lots of black and white. First of all, some black and white units for the setting pieces of the Pickled Ladies. Everything is ready for fussy cutting/printing the setting half clamshells. … Continue reading