I had made the little strips of triangles for the side halves of the Clamshell Pickles a long time ago and they’ve been sitting waiting, all this time, for me to finally get the fabrics chosen and half Pickled Ladies printed for each one.
All that was left was some nice curved piecing to add the little strips of the triangles to the half clamshell pickles, which went very quickly, and all the ones needed for one side are now done.
Using the window template made it very quick to find fabrics that worked for the side halves. The extra bit of the final white triangle will get cut off when I add the border, but I”m leaving them as they are until then.
I cannot choose favourites among these.
Some have been used a lot in other quilts – like this one, which was in quite a few of the blocks in my New York Beauty top.
I don’t think this one has been used in anything before.
I know this one hasn’t – it was taken from a border print.
This definitely has been – it’s a big part of an unfinished Drunkard’s Path project.
I”m not sure if this one has been used before.
This one was used in my Joseph’s Coat top, which I have finished but not managed to photograph yet. This is an old Robyn Randolph print that I absolutely love. I had only a small piece of it and have used up every scrap.
I’m pretty sure this one is in the Joseph’s Coat top too, which is one of the things I have to get photographs of and blog about soon.
After dinner, Baxter crashed.
Jake, however, was very curious about something out on the roof garden. We’ve seen our first robins of the season and the leaves on the crab apple tree are starting to open – all very welcome signs of spring!