I have been totally distracted the past few days looking through the latest book by Willyne Hammerstein – Millefiori Quilts 3. While I loved lots of the quilts in Millefiori Quilts 1 and 2, the quilts in Millefiori Quilts 3 … Continue reading
The next block for my Ribbons of Flowers Garden Quilt is complete. I got sidetracked so many times while I was making this one that it’s hard to describe! But before I say a word about the distractions, the Periwinkle … Continue reading
When I was growing up, an iris was always the very first flower seen in the garden in the spring. After the months of drabness and seemingly endless days of grey skies that is our winter, that iris always seemed … Continue reading
I know that I’m in the minority on this, but I love working with small pieces. And while I continue working on piecing the blocks for the Pickled Ladies pieced border, I keep thinking about a miniature — hmm, something. … Continue reading
The latest Inklingo mystery quilt is called Case of the Diamond Necklace and is made with the 1.75″ diamond collection – all but one of the shapes in the little top were printed with templates from that one collection. The … Continue reading
The centre of the Pickled Ladies top is completed, that is. There’s still more to come for this top. But now all the half pickled clams have been added and so the centre of the quilt top is done and I’m so excited that I can barely stand it!
There are bits at the edges that will get dealt with when the first of the two borders is attached. One of the two borders involves quite a bit of piecing, although I have that almost halfway done now. As long as I manage to stay away from distractions – which I know is next to impossible – I should have the top completed within a month.
Pickled Ladies is definitely my favourite of all the ones I’ve made. I would never have made it were it not for the Inklingo 6″ Clamshell Pickle collection. I can’t even begin to imagine tracing all the little triangles in the arcs but being able to print them made it oh, so achievable and having the templates for the half clamshells really made it easier to choose fabrics for the half pickled clamshells than it may appear. Choosing the fabrics for each clamshell was such fun – lots of fussy cutting/printing which, with a window template, was relatively easy. Making the arcs of the white and black tris went quickly, as it involved lots of continuous stitching. Adding the arcs to the clamshells was another favourite, curved piecing, and then putting the top together was nothing but lots and lots of curved piecing. So the centre of this top definitely had it all as far as I was concerned. Right now it’s approximately 42 x 48.
A rare moment was captured on the weekend. Baxter and Jake were almost touching as they guarded their favourite toys. Mr. Q.O. captioned this one “Playmates – for now.”
Years ago (and I’m not sure quite how many years that may have been, but I think it’s at least eight), I bought a half yard of this fabric. I fell in love with it at the store the second … Continue reading
Last year there was an Inklingo mystery quilt – the Case of the Stranger in Margaritaville. I finished the top, except for the border or borders (I’m still undecided) I want to add to it, but I don’t think I’ve … Continue reading
The final eight half clamshell pickles are done – so now it’s time to start sewing them on to the top. But first, here are the final eight. I was happy to find so many of my floral fabrics had … Continue reading
I had made the little strips of triangles for the side halves of the Clamshell Pickles a long time ago and they’ve been sitting waiting, all this time, for me to finally get the fabrics chosen and half Pickled Ladies printed … Continue reading