Lots has been going on – including a computer that decided it wasn’t sure how well it wanted to work for a few days. Lots of nail-biting going on over that, I can tell you, as I couldn’t begin to … Continue reading →
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I love the look of this blue and brown Silent Garden block! I was amazed at just how much I liked it when I finished it. The back, after pressing. I let it … Continue reading →
There seems to be a garden theme to my quilts lately. But Silent Garden isn’t a reference to the Garden Gone Wild blocks having gone silent with no work being done even though that seems like it’s the case as … Continue reading →
What have I been doing? Amongst other things, I’ve been trying out various fabrics for sashing/alternate blocks with the Garden Gone Wild blocks but have yet to find the solution. These are the 22 flowers in the garden. One of … Continue reading →
It took a while, but I finally got all the seams of the ribbon flower blocks graded. I had graded the seams on just about half of the blocks, other than the final seams from adding the background fabrics. I … Continue reading →
I was at least halfway through making the blocks for the Garden Gone Wild top before I finally realized just how much fun I could have with these blocks as they’re not only all curved piecing, but almost all continuous … Continue reading →
Finally, after loads and loads of un-sewing, the lilac is done! The back, after pressing but before grading of the seams. Before last night the number of times I changed my mind about a fabric in this flower was beginning … Continue reading →
As well as working on the lilac ribbon flower, I have spent a fair bit of time over the past week looking at the flowers that are finished and this one stood out every time. This is the original … Continue reading →
It’s a dahlia. Not a black dahlia, though. No, of course it isn’t! What else could it possibly be for my quilt but a pink dahlia, given my love of pink? And it is the 20th flower to bloom in … Continue reading →
All of the little stars are now made and last night I started surrounding them with the white squares. It takes less than an hour to get two stars surrounded.
Seams graded and pressed.
There are now 17 of the little stars left to surround with the white squares. From here on out, it’s just nothing but continuous stitching to add the squares, then the connecting red diamonds and octagons and turn this into a finished quilt top. If I can stay focused, and I am pretty intent on doing just that, I could have this finished by the end of next week and be ready to quilt it next weekend.
I may take some time out this weekend and get the binding ready for Candy Stars as well as start printing for the Inklingo Periwinkle reverse mystery quilt. I think I’ve finally decided on the colours I want to work with for the Periwinkle quilt. No big surprise here — it will be pinks, pinks and more pinks. Maybe a mauve thrown in for a little relief from the pink. Maybe. Lessons 1 to 4 are available, free, at the All About Inklingo blog.
If you’re here to see who won the giveaway from the April Showers post, the winner will be announced later this afternoon after Baxter picks a winner.
“Mum’s Making Stars” is the title of today’s ‘toon.
As we were setting up to take pictures of the two little blue stars, he was right there just waiting for his photo to be taken because, after all, there is nothing that we could possibly want to photograph other than him!