The tea rose still isn’t finished! Why? It seems I decided to start looking for possible backgrounds for flowers and got lost pulling fabrics for hours. Fabrics were flying through the air on to the stack of possibilities because as … Continue reading →
My morning glory is perhaps a bit more blue than in nature and who knows, I may change my mind about what flower this is. I want some blue flowers in my quilt and morning glory seemed like one I … Continue reading →
I decided to take a look at the flowers that have bloomed so far as I decide what other flowers to add to the Gardens Gone Wild quilt. So far there’s the iris, anemone and sweet pea. Then the marigold … Continue reading →
I wanted to work with the print in this and the only flower that I thought it would work for was a chrysanthemum. So I chose batiks to go with it… …and here’s the chrysanthemum block for the Gardens Gone … Continue reading →
There were so many variations in colours of sweet pea flowers I found searching on the Internet that my sweet pea block could have been many different ones, but I couldn’t resist this variation. It was the fastest I’ve sewn … Continue reading →
I got completely off schedule this week with posting mostly because, I think, Monday was a holiday here. Plus I have been spending countless hours on the Internet looking up images of flowers and choosing fabrics for more Ribbon Flowers. … Continue reading →
The next flower for my Ribbons of Flowers Garden Quilt is wisteria. I absolutely had to have that in my garden. I loved picking out the fabrics for this one – and made changes as I sewed it together as … Continue reading →
After I finished the marigold block, I decided to try to prep at least two blocks so I could just pick them up and start sewing. As of right now, I have the pieces printed and ready to sew for … Continue reading →
It’s finished. Finally finished. The number of needles that were bent, dulled and even snapped in two in the making of it are too numerous to mention! I don’t think I’ve ever gone through so many needles making just one … Continue reading →
The first of the orange flowers is definitely proving to be a very late bloomer. It’s still not done. Yes, two of the batiks have proven to be incredibly hard to sew – sort of like trying to drive a … Continue reading →
All of the little stars are now made and last night I started surrounding them with the white squares. It takes less than an hour to get two stars surrounded.
Seams graded and pressed.
There are now 17 of the little stars left to surround with the white squares. From here on out, it’s just nothing but continuous stitching to add the squares, then the connecting red diamonds and octagons and turn this into a finished quilt top. If I can stay focused, and I am pretty intent on doing just that, I could have this finished by the end of next week and be ready to quilt it next weekend.
I may take some time out this weekend and get the binding ready for Candy Stars as well as start printing for the Inklingo Periwinkle reverse mystery quilt. I think I’ve finally decided on the colours I want to work with for the Periwinkle quilt. No big surprise here — it will be pinks, pinks and more pinks. Maybe a mauve thrown in for a little relief from the pink. Maybe. Lessons 1 to 4 are available, free, at the All About Inklingo blog.
If you’re here to see who won the giveaway from the April Showers post, the winner will be announced later this afternoon after Baxter picks a winner.
“Mum’s Making Stars” is the title of today’s ‘toon.
As we were setting up to take pictures of the two little blue stars, he was right there just waiting for his photo to be taken because, after all, there is nothing that we could possibly want to photograph other than him!