Of course I had to make a couple of Stormy Seas blocks using the new batiks added to the mix. And I had to make those blocks using what is, I think, my favourite of the original seven batiks. First … Continue reading →
Years ago – at least six years, it seems. going by the date on the watermark – I started making what I’m calling the Sky Quilt. At the moment, it has a partial rainbow in the centre with star blocks … Continue reading →
All the printed sheets of shapes for the additional Stormy Seas blocks are now, for the most part, cut apart and ready to be put in individual glassine envelopes for more Stormy Seas blocks. There is still some final cutting … Continue reading →
It was definitely a Stormy Seas weekend. I couldn’t resist piecing this block for the top as the fabrics in it are two of my favourites. The metallic fabric has made an appearance in a few projects and I still have … Continue reading →
I know, I know! I thought I was going to stick with the Stormy Seas blocks but I decided to finish the blocks for row 3 of the brown & blue Silent Garden top. This is block 7 for row … Continue reading →
I finished this Stormy Seas block with the idea that I was doing it as a reference for myself of the sewing sequence and pressing that I’ve found works best for me when making these blocks. So far, this is … Continue reading →
The three Stormy Seas blocks with the dark, dark blue batik are done! I am – was so glad when I finished sewing the last one. This one is my favourite of the three that are finished because I love … Continue reading →
I’ve been meaning to do this for ages and have run into all sorts of roadblocks. The biggest one was the fact I had made very detailed notes and taken loads of photos – all of which are on a … Continue reading →
I decided to get that partially finished DWR ring finished and added to the stack. I need to start adding the finished rings to the top which has barely been begun to see how many more complete rings I need … Continue reading →
The partially done Storm at Sea block is now finished. And now I know why I left this project in the midst of that block! Why? Because that dark batik is – well, a bit difficult. Along with being quite dark, … Continue reading →
All of the little stars are now made and last night I started surrounding them with the white squares. It takes less than an hour to get two stars surrounded.
Seams graded and pressed.
There are now 17 of the little stars left to surround with the white squares. From here on out, it’s just nothing but continuous stitching to add the squares, then the connecting red diamonds and octagons and turn this into a finished quilt top. If I can stay focused, and I am pretty intent on doing just that, I could have this finished by the end of next week and be ready to quilt it next weekend.
I may take some time out this weekend and get the binding ready for Candy Stars as well as start printing for the Inklingo Periwinkle reverse mystery quilt. I think I’ve finally decided on the colours I want to work with for the Periwinkle quilt. No big surprise here — it will be pinks, pinks and more pinks. Maybe a mauve thrown in for a little relief from the pink. Maybe. Lessons 1 to 4 are available, free, at the All About Inklingo blog.
If you’re here to see who won the giveaway from the April Showers post, the winner will be announced later this afternoon after Baxter picks a winner.
“Mum’s Making Stars” is the title of today’s ‘toon.
As we were setting up to take pictures of the two little blue stars, he was right there just waiting for his photo to be taken because, after all, there is nothing that we could possibly want to photograph other than him!