I couldn’t resist that title because really – a pickled lady in a silent garden? The thought makes me laugh. But before I get to the new Pickled Lady, there are a couple of Silent Garden and Harpsichord blocks to … Continue reading
While I may have been quiet, there has been a fair amount of quilt-related activity. The first thing I did was to get out a couple of stacks of pieces for the various Silent Garden variations I’m making as I … Continue reading
I have tried – really, really tried – to stay completely focused on piecing the flowers for the Gardens Gone Wild quilt. And really? That hasn’t been much of a problem. Until last week, that is. Last week, the 3.5″ … Continue reading
I know that I’m in the minority on this, but I love working with small pieces. And while I continue working on piecing the blocks for the Pickled Ladies pieced border, I keep thinking about a miniature — hmm, something. … Continue reading
The centre of the Pickled Ladies top is completed, that is. There’s still more to come for this top. But now all the half pickled clams have been added and so the centre of the quilt top is done and I’m so excited that I can barely stand it!
There are bits at the edges that will get dealt with when the first of the two borders is attached. One of the two borders involves quite a bit of piecing, although I have that almost halfway done now. As long as I manage to stay away from distractions – which I know is next to impossible – I should have the top completed within a month.
Pickled Ladies is definitely my favourite of all the ones I’ve made. I would never have made it were it not for the Inklingo 6″ Clamshell Pickle collection. I can’t even begin to imagine tracing all the little triangles in the arcs but being able to print them made it oh, so achievable and having the templates for the half clamshells really made it easier to choose fabrics for the half pickled clamshells than it may appear. Choosing the fabrics for each clamshell was such fun – lots of fussy cutting/printing which, with a window template, was relatively easy. Making the arcs of the white and black tris went quickly, as it involved lots of continuous stitching. Adding the arcs to the clamshells was another favourite, curved piecing, and then putting the top together was nothing but lots and lots of curved piecing. So the centre of this top definitely had it all as far as I was concerned. Right now it’s approximately 42 x 48.
A rare moment was captured on the weekend. Baxter and Jake were almost touching as they guarded their favourite toys. Mr. Q.O. captioned this one “Playmates – for now.”
Years ago (and I’m not sure quite how many years that may have been, but I think it’s at least eight), I bought a half yard of this fabric. I fell in love with it at the store the second … Continue reading
Remember this four-patch clamshell unit that I posted last November? Making those four-patch clams was addictive, so making them and then joining them all together was another thing I worked on throughout the winter. Putting Fruit Salad together really was fun as … Continue reading
The final eight half clamshell pickles are done – so now it’s time to start sewing them on to the top. But first, here are the final eight. I was happy to find so many of my floral fabrics had … Continue reading
I had made the little strips of triangles for the side halves of the Clamshell Pickles a long time ago and they’ve been sitting waiting, all this time, for me to finally get the fabrics chosen and half Pickled Ladies printed … Continue reading
Yes, I know it has been a long time since I blogged, but I have been busy sewing all this time. This post will be a bit short on words, but there are lots of pictures. Part of the piecing has … Continue reading