Yes, I know it has been a long time since I blogged, but I have been busy sewing all this time. This post will be a bit short on words, but there are lots of pictures.
Part of the piecing has involved finally getting the Pickled Ladies top to the point I needed to choose fabrics for the edges so that I’d have a straight edge before I start attaching the borders.
So I began with window templates for the top and bottom pieces.
And window templates for the two sides.
Six and a half hours later, after auditioning floral fabrics with the window templates, marking the exact flower I wanted to isolate and cut around to size for the freezer paper and then actually cutting the fabric to print, I sat down to print all the pieces.
The top pieces were easy, just print and then cut. No piecing involved. They all have numbers pinned on them to identify where they are to go but, for the sake of these pictures, I removed the pinned notations.
Two are meant for the very top corners’ edge pieces so that I will have a straight edge and they’ll be cut down to achieve that straight edge once the top is ready to add border one.
Then it was time to add the pieced triangles to the bottom pieces which involved lots of continuous stitching and some curved piecing – two of my very favourite things.
The first two.
The second two.
And the final two.
“Half Pickled Clams.”
Jake was a bit sleepy when we took this shot.
Baxter was showing off his mane.
And I will be back more often now. Next up will be the pieced side half Pickled Ladies.