I spent hours laying out the stars for the brown & blue and the Tranquil Garden tops until I was happy with their placement. I ended up using the bed as my design wall – but with the door shut … Continue reading
It is much quicker to get the blocks ready for the vertical alternate rows of the Silent Garden tops. It seems it’s so much quicker that I almost forget to take pictures before they’re joined, as I did for the … Continue reading
I had to get it out of my system – some very careful seam ripping was necessary as I really wanted to see how different the wild floral kaleidoscope star would look with my final choice of fabrics for these … Continue reading
I’ve been getting lots done. Now I just need to try to start blogging on a more consistent basis. A pretty orange harpsichord block. The more I make of these blocks, the faster I find I’m sewing them. I love … Continue reading
These stacks of diamonds that I had fussy cut/printed and showed last Monday … … have now turned into this group of kaleidoscope stars … …which, when added to those already done, make this stack of 53 stars done, ready … Continue reading
I seem to be in a routine right now of jumping from one project to another on a nightly basis. One thing I’ve decided cannot go on the back burner for any length of time is the Harpsichord Quilt … Continue reading
Lots has been going on – including a computer that decided it wasn’t sure how well it wanted to work for a few days. Lots of nail-biting going on over that, I can tell you, as I couldn’t begin to … Continue reading
What have I been doing? Amongst other things, I’ve been trying out various fabrics for sashing/alternate blocks with the Garden Gone Wild blocks but have yet to find the solution. These are the 22 flowers in the garden. One of … Continue reading
It took a while, but I finally got all the seams of the ribbon flower blocks graded. I had graded the seams on just about half of the blocks, other than the final seams from adding the background fabrics. I … Continue reading
The centre of the Pickled Ladies top is completed, that is. There’s still more to come for this top. But now all the half pickled clams have been added and so the centre of the quilt top is done and I’m so excited that I can barely stand it!
There are bits at the edges that will get dealt with when the first of the two borders is attached. One of the two borders involves quite a bit of piecing, although I have that almost halfway done now. As long as I manage to stay away from distractions – which I know is next to impossible – I should have the top completed within a month.
Pickled Ladies is definitely my favourite of all the ones I’ve made. I would never have made it were it not for the Inklingo 6″ Clamshell Pickle collection. I can’t even begin to imagine tracing all the little triangles in the arcs but being able to print them made it oh, so achievable and having the templates for the half clamshells really made it easier to choose fabrics for the half pickled clamshells than it may appear. Choosing the fabrics for each clamshell was such fun – lots of fussy cutting/printing which, with a window template, was relatively easy. Making the arcs of the white and black tris went quickly, as it involved lots of continuous stitching. Adding the arcs to the clamshells was another favourite, curved piecing, and then putting the top together was nothing but lots and lots of curved piecing. So the centre of this top definitely had it all as far as I was concerned. Right now it’s approximately 42 x 48.
A rare moment was captured on the weekend. Baxter and Jake were almost touching as they guarded their favourite toys. Mr. Q.O. captioned this one “Playmates – for now.”