Another project box got pulled out over the past year. I couldn’t remember what was in it so when I opened it to find four stacks of pieces for 4.5″ Winding Ways blocks I was thrilled! I like these small … Continue reading
This is another of the projects I’ve been working on – a hexagon of hexagons. Right now it’s a hexagon but it will evolve into something else. I haven’t got anything specifically planned — yet. So I’ll just keep adding … Continue reading
One of the projects I started over the past year is Nocturne from Millefiori Quilts 3. I had fun going through fabrics looking for just the right one because, of course, I was going to be using the Inklingo Nocturne … Continue reading
I am not even close to finishing the Fiesta top. I keep forgetting that even though I laid out the blocks and thought I had the block placement all figured out, I’ve been changing it as I go — so it’s not … Continue reading
The colourful Fiesta blocks are the perfect antidote to the grey days of winter that we’ve had so many of this year. I have enough of the fabric left to use in some other project that calls for some wild … Continue reading
This is definitely one of the darkest of the Stormy Seas blocks. Now there are only four left to make with the dark, dark blue batik. Its back, after pressing and grading the seams. I realized something as I was … Continue reading
Years ago – at least six years, it seems. going by the date on the watermark – I started making what I’m calling the Sky Quilt. At the moment, it has a partial rainbow in the centre with star blocks … Continue reading
All the printed sheets of shapes for the additional Stormy Seas blocks are now, for the most part, cut apart and ready to be put in individual glassine envelopes for more Stormy Seas blocks. There is still some final cutting … Continue reading
It was definitely a Stormy Seas weekend. I couldn’t resist piecing this block for the top as the fabrics in it are two of my favourites. The metallic fabric has made an appearance in a few projects and I still have … Continue reading
The centre of the Pickled Ladies top is completed, that is. There’s still more to come for this top. But now all the half pickled clams have been added and so the centre of the quilt top is done and I’m so excited that I can barely stand it!
There are bits at the edges that will get dealt with when the first of the two borders is attached. One of the two borders involves quite a bit of piecing, although I have that almost halfway done now. As long as I manage to stay away from distractions – which I know is next to impossible – I should have the top completed within a month.
Pickled Ladies is definitely my favourite of all the ones I’ve made. I would never have made it were it not for the Inklingo 6″ Clamshell Pickle collection. I can’t even begin to imagine tracing all the little triangles in the arcs but being able to print them made it oh, so achievable and having the templates for the half clamshells really made it easier to choose fabrics for the half pickled clamshells than it may appear. Choosing the fabrics for each clamshell was such fun – lots of fussy cutting/printing which, with a window template, was relatively easy. Making the arcs of the white and black tris went quickly, as it involved lots of continuous stitching. Adding the arcs to the clamshells was another favourite, curved piecing, and then putting the top together was nothing but lots and lots of curved piecing. So the centre of this top definitely had it all as far as I was concerned. Right now it’s approximately 42 x 48.
A rare moment was captured on the weekend. Baxter and Jake were almost touching as they guarded their favourite toys. Mr. Q.O. captioned this one “Playmates – for now.”