Sewing the petunia flower was very fast. In fact, it was the quickest I’ve put together a ribbon flower yet, so the sewing sequence I identified with the last one does make a difference for me. I’ll do a post on the sewing sequence when I get started on the next ribbon flower.
The back of the petunia. It’s pressed, but the seams are yet to be graded.
Next? Next I have to decide what other flowers are going to be included in the Gardens Gone Wild quilt. Once that’s done I’ll have to get busy picking out fabrics for each flower and then getting the shapes printed. I know there are likely two other flower quilts that will be made, possibly more. When I started looking at zinnias, I was quite drawn to some of the varieties and so think that a small top of zinnias alone may be in the offing along with the tropical hibiscus top.
The weekend flowers in the elevator lobby.
“Lonely little petunia.” Today’s ‘toon was inspired by the song “I’m a lonely little petunia in an onion patch.”
Jake was watching something out on the roof garden yesterday.
Baxter was more intent on getting close to the camera.