The next block for my Ribbons of Flowers Garden Quilt is complete. I got sidetracked so many times while I was making this one that it’s hard to describe!
But before I say a word about the distractions, the Periwinkle Ribbon Flower block.
And from the back. I’ve graded all the seams except where the pieced flower is added to the background. Once again, I pressed the background in behind the flower as I decided I definitely like what that does to the look of the block.
What was distracting me? I kept looking for fabrics for the next ribbon flower. Then, as I was looking for fabrics, I’d find other fabrics that would be possibly perfect as background fabrics for different flowers. So now there are little piles of fabrics all over – some batiks, some regular quilting cottons, some backgrounds and then a jumble of everything. I really do need to get this sorted out. Up next may be another blue or yellow or orange or another pink flower or – well, the list just goes on and on! I have a feeling my Ribbons of Flowers Garden Quilt is going to be enormous if I keep going at this rate!
This time I used one of the alternate background shapes. Compared, side by side, with the rose block, you can see the slight difference. With all the variations that are possible, and I’ve not even really scratched the surface, my hope is that each block is going to be different.
“Look, Guys – a periwinkle periwinkle!”
Jake was lost in thought yesterday afternoon.
While Baxter was having a summer afternoon snooze.