I’ve got half of the next Ribbon Flower together – but I’m not sure yet just what flower it is. Is it a violet or clematis or verbena? Maybe salvia? Perhaps a pansy? I know it’s not wisteria, as I have the fabrics set aside for that – I think.
I can’t wait to see this one together as I think the effect with the dark shapes making up half the centre are going to give it a different look than any of the others.
It would have been finished but I spent tons of time on the weekend pulling fabrics and putting them into groups for other flowers. There’s another pink flower in the planning stages – I’ve got a number of pinks grouped together while I decide which fabrics will be included and which won’t. I spent ages putting groups of fabrics together for an orange flower. I’m trying to find some yellows that work together for a yellow rose, but it’s getting challenging as most of them just do not look good against others! While I’m choosing fabrics for a block, I keep the fabrics out where I can look at them repeatedly throughout the day. Right now, it’s rather messy as I’m picking out the fabrics for multiple blocks.
Jake has a perch in the bedroom. Usually I find him sleeping there, but last night he was quite alert and looking around for Baxter – I think he was getting ready for a chase.
It seems Baxter needed to vote on my fabric choices. The table on which my sewing machine resides is, right now, covered with groups of fabrics while I try to choose just the right ones for the next flower. Baxter must have liked the little stack of orange fabrics – that’s where he was perched when I took this photo.