That’s what has been going on around here lately — very little stitching. Lots of printing and cutting, though. And one pickled lady to add to the mix, but that’s about all there is to show. It seems like November is prep month. Made myself laugh thinking about it, but it’s as though I’m getting ready to hibernate for the winter and want all the preparation work done so that I have lots and lots of pieces printed, cut and ready to stitch.
One of the things I’ve been working on is printing the Storm at Sea shapes. It’s a good thing that the initial idea of going with the 4 batiks got changed to using 11 fabrics as I found one of the original four has a flaw that runs the entire length of the piece. There’s an area that’s about half an inch wide that has less than half the thread count of the rest of the batik. I’ve had the batik now for months and wouldn’t even contemplate taking it back, so I’ve cut the fabric to get rid of the flaw, but it’s possibly going to make it tricky to get the number of shapes I want from that particular fabric. Seems like my Storm at Sea quilt is undergoing some changes yet again.
There’s a group of florals that need to be fussy cut/printed for more Pickled Ladies. Two more of the large pink stars are done for a total of five finished, so there’s only one left to piece and then printing the shapes for the small pieced cornerstone blocks. More preparation work.
The weekend paper comes with lots of catalogues from various stores, particularly at this time of year. I had been looking at them while Smudge was curled up at the other end of the couch when Lester decided to join us. He wanted attention so made sure that the catalogues weren’t accessible.
I’m not sure that Smudge was all that thrilled about having Lester’s tail draped over his.