The flower I kept saying I’d get to is finally done – the tea rose! When I started looking at pictures of tea roses online, I was captivated by all the variations. So this is very likely not the only tea rose to be included in the Gardens Gone Wild quilt.
The back, after pressing and grading all but the seams adding the background.
What’s next? I’ve started to work on the delphinium and, as of right now, have groups ready to prepare to print shapes for four more flowers, including their backgrounds. Finding a fabric in my stash that will work for a background is fun – even if I am using the “wrong” side. I may take some time over the next couple of days to see if I can get another three or four flowers sorted out and ready to print the shapes for as well. I’d love to have a big group of flowers ready to sew.
I began sewing these blocks on June 29th when the Inklingo Ribbon Flower collection was released. It’s now August 28th and I’m still having so much fun working with this design that I can’t imagine not wanting to keep making them even when I finish the flowers for the Gardens Gone Wild quilt. I know I want to make another quilt of ribbon flowers using fabrics to get totally different effects, including doing some fussy cutting/printing, because the effects one can get with this block, depending on fabric placement, seem endless. Right now I’ve set aside a couple of fabrics that I think might be just perfect for some fussy cutting/printing when I start on that second quilt.
Jake had possession of the big toy this weekend. His eyes look almost gold in this shot – and that’s definitely not their colour.
While Baxter was crashed on the couch.