The tea rose still isn’t finished! Why? It seems I decided to start looking for possible backgrounds for flowers and got lost pulling fabrics for hours. Fabrics were flying through the air on to the stack of possibilities because as I was finding possible backgrounds, I was also finding other fabrics that may turn into flowers.
This is the group of possible backgrounds I pulled. I know some of them look dark, but I do sometimes use the wrong side of a fabric if it’s just right.
I was surprised at just how much orange I have. This was the first group of orange that I pulled.
This was the second orange group.
Then there were these extra orange fabrics. All of the orange fabrics I pulled could get grouped with fabrics I already had pulled for the Garden Gone Wild quilt. Clearly there are more orange flowers to come for the quilt.
Then came the purples. I already knew I wanted to make at least two more purple flowers, but now I’m thinking there may be more than that. This is purple group 1 with a possible background.
The second purple group with the background fabric I’d definitely use for it.
There were a few other fabrics I pulled, thinking they may go with other fabrics already pulled. Now that I have this out of my system, surely I can get the tea rose finished by Friday!
I want to get the delphinium done once I finish the tea rose. Then I will be putting groups of fabrics together for more flowers and printing the shapes for a number of them, so that for at least a few weeks I will have nothing to do but just pick up the shapes and sew flowers.
These were our elevator lobby flowers yesterday.
Jake is getting, I think, sick of me taking photos of him. He was very uncooperative yesterday – I had to take this very quickly, before he turned away.
I tried to crop this photo of Baxter but didn’t want to cut off his whiskers. They just never end!