The next flower for my Ribbons of Flowers Garden Quilt is wisteria. I absolutely had to have that in my garden. I loved picking out the fabrics for this one – and made changes as I sewed it together as far as my initial choices went as well as I thought there was a bit too much difference and I wanted to keep my wisteria quite soft. Entirely made with batiks, including the framing fabric.
The back, after grading the seams. I think I’ve discovered the sewing sequence that works best for me, but for the next flower I may try another sewing sequence that I’ve been thinking about, just to see if it works.
The chrysanthemum ribbon flower is going to be slightly delayed as, thanks to a comment left by Wanda of Exuberant Color, I had to start pulling fabrics and printing the shapes for a tea rose. And now that I have, I can’t wait to sew it together. She posted some pictures yesterday of flowers in her garden that have got me thinking of yet more fabric combinations for my Ribbons of Flowers Garden Quilt.
I’ve discovered I don’t have enough fabrics that work as backgrounds/frames for these blocks, but I did pull a few over the weekend that I will look at a bit more, thinking about using the wrong side of them as background as I’ve done that once already and it gave me the look I wanted.
This was the elevator lobby flower arrangement for the weekend. I think we’ll see a new one today.
Jake sometimes just doesn’t want to have his photo taken and will turn away but yesterday, I captured this shot just as he had started to turn away. I had to post it as it’s the best photo I think we’ve ever taken as far as showing the colour of his eyes. They’re really a beautiful and, I think, very striking colour.
Baxter, on the other hand, will pose for a photograph every time.