I made one of the little 6″ blocks over the past couple of nights, just to see how long it takes me to make a block – all hand piecing, of course. Once I knew that, I knew I wanted to make a few more. As of now I have six completed blocks, which would result in a little quilt that was 12″ x 18″ assuming I added nothing in the way of a border.
But I wanted to make it larger. So I measured the pieces of that red fabric I had left and, although I hoped against hope I had enough, there just wasn’t what I needed for six more blocks. But there was enough for three more. So I’ll have a 18″ square little quilt, although I think I will add a small white border and perhaps even some white sashing, although I’m not going to decide that until the blocks are done. There are still a few very small pieces of the red fabric left for use in some other very tiny quilt at some point.
So I had a quick look through the Index of Inklingo shapes to figure out which of the Inklingo PDF collections I needed to open for the shapes I needed, and then I put the printer to work. First I printed some white 2″ squares. (Yes, I print my squares as I am SO spoiled by the sewing lines that I don’t want to be without them!)
Then some red 1″ squares.
And finally some 1″ triangles.
I’ll be able to finish those three additional blocks by this time next week and then put my little Canada Day quilt together and get it quilted in time for Canada Day!
Jake was on the windowsill yesterday. I think this is one of the best photos I’ve got of him lately.
Baxter had taken over the cat tree. I gave up trying to interpret what this look might mean!