When I looked in the Storm at Sea project box last week, I found there was one glassine envelope in there that didn’t quite belong.
That led me to finding the Harpsichord Quilt project box. Clearly, the lid was barely on.
When I opened it, what did I find?
Another partially finished block. At least I didn’t leave this one with a threaded needle in it! I think I’ve concluded that new Inklingo collections were released when I was in the midst of these uncompleted blocks and, knowing me, I just dropped everything to go play with the new collection shapes.
Underneath that was a stack of blocks that have been completed.
Beneath those was the one long strip of the blocks that have been joined. I remember that after I had put together this partial row I decided to stop joining them until I had all the blocks done so that I could move colours around to my liking.
Beneath that strip of blocks was this pile of the fabrics used in the Harpsichord Quilt. When I began this project back in 2009 I decided to keep those fabrics isolated and in the project box in case I needed to print the pieces for some more blocks.
Beneath that group of fabrics? At least a dozen of those glassine envelopes have the pieces all ready for a minimum of 6 blocks in each one – most of that dozen have the pieces for 9 or more blocks. And the rest of those glassine envelopes contain all the printed pieces I need for more blocks. I remember planning the quilt when the Inklingo .75″ Octagon collection was released with the shapes needed for the Lucy Boston Keyboard Patchwork. I had fallen in love with that quilt in the book, The Patchworks of Lucy Boston, and so was thrilled to have an Inklingo collection to make it. And I know that project has sat mostly untouched since 2013. I may have made a block or two a year since then, but not more than that. There are many blocks that need still to be done and I’m determined to finish it!
So now I’m giving myself a triple challenge. For each wonderful pink peony block, I am going to finish a Stormy Seas block and a Harpsichord Quilt block. Neither of them involve curved piecing, which may be another reason they got abandoned, but now they will be done in concert with some wonderful pink curved piecing. So maybe, just maybe, as the Peony Quilt gets worked on and done, not only will I have the Stormy Seas blocks finished but also quite a few more of the Harpsichord Quilt blocks. And it will be paired with another curved piecing project when I finish the Peony Quilt and I’ll just repeat that for as long as it takes to finish the Harpsichord Quilt.
I may be getting close to the end of finding unfinished projects that still need blocks sewn. Maybe. We’ll see. I think there are at least two other projects that have all the blocks sewn but not yet joined. I’m not looking for them right now though! For now, my plan after I finish the Pickled Ladies Quilt is to concentrate on just these three projects – Peony Quilt, Harpsichord Quilt and Stormy Seas. But all bets are off on me sticking with that plan if a new Inklingo collection comes out while I’m working on those!
Jake had one of his favourite toys draped over him yesterday afternoon.
While Baxter was posing on the windowsill.