The fact there are now 17 of these done rather surprised me, even though I did count them on Monday night. Guess I should go back and read my own blog. For some reason, even though I have the stack of them right out in plain sight, I still thought there were only 7 or 8 of them done for the Tiffany Lamp quilt. Whether this one is going to make the cut to go in the first small quilt remains to be seen. If not, it will be set aside for another one in the series. I’m already working on a border idea for the first of the small quilts.
Lesson learned from this block? That using all metallics, or almost all metallics (the small quarter circle is a batik) makes for some heavy-duty pressing which would have been better accomplished had I used the large iron instead of the small portable one. I will press it again before it’s set into a quilt top with the larger, heavier iron.
The deadline-driven project I’ve been working on for the past 8 or 9 days is finished. At about 9:30 last night I finished it and am now free of any work commitments for the next 5 days. Other than an appointment this morning, I have absolutely nothing I have to do. I will have time to read and comment on blogs, reply to comments, and just generally enjoy myself. I have a feeling it’s going to take a day or so to get over the intensity of that project. But I shall today or tomorrow be printing on fabric, cutting fabric shapes, stitching, catching up on some reading for pleasure as opposed to work.
Mr .Q.O. was busy drawing again last night.
I love this shot of Baxter draped over the arm of “his” chair. He is so alert and so happy to pose for the camera.