All 12 of the blocks on my makeshift design wall. I’m pretty sure that this is the layout of the blocks I’m going to go with. I suppose it’s no surprise that I have more pink blocks than any other colour. There are 4 pink, 3 blue, 3 green and 2 gold. As it stands now, the top would finish at 45 x 60 which is, I think, a good size for a lap quilt. Now I’ve got to start thinking of a name for this one. Usually names for quilts come to me easily, but this one? Not so easily. The blocks remind me of something but I can’t quite put my finger on just what that something is.
It won’t take long to join the blocks into rows and then into the top, and then I suppose I’ll make a final decision as to whether I add any border. My initial thought is no border as I really don’t want to take away from the blocks. That may change. How to quilt it is another question altogether.
This is the fabric I plan to use for the binding. It has all the colours that are in the blocks and will frame the quilt.
I’ve finally figured out how I can put up a design wall that’s easily removed and hope to get that organized in the next week or so. But in the meantime, masking tape and a partial batt work. It’s far, far better than trying to lay blocks out on the floor with four-footed helpers!
Smudge was back on his pillow, but this time wasn’t looking at the camera.
Lester wasn’t trying to convince me to look up at the ceiling this time.