The baby quilt I was working on back in August and early September will finally be basted, hopefully this weekend. I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate, so used it to buy the fabric above for the backing. I couldn’t find an appropriate flannel but when I saw this fabric I couldn’t resist it. Perfect for a baby quilt, I think.
These 3 fabrics were also purchased with the gift certificate — what a treat! Initially I had thought the stripe on the far left would be perfect for the binding, but it’s too pink. I love using stripes to get different effects in pieced blocks and for bias binding, so this is a welcome addition to the stash even if it’s not used for this particular quilt. Lately I find I want to use a bit of black in almost every quilt I make, which explains the middle choice. The one on the far right intrigues me. I think I’ll have fun with it and already have an idea.
Thursday night I got out the completed blocks for the Harpsichord Quilt. I have a long way to go, but was pleasantly surprised when I realized I already had 2 of the vertical rows complete. The centres of the last three pink and cream big stars are done. If the weekend weather is as rainy and cold as they’re predicting, I think I may have at least 2 of the stars completed by Monday. Now I’m seeing the benefit of a large block as I may well have this top together by month end.
Smudge was chasing leaves on the windowsill for a while on Thursday morning and then peeked out from under the lace. We couldn’t resist this photo, even though it is a bit blurry.
Later on, Lester was on the windowsill.