I reached my weekend goal Sunday afternoon and had the little red and white quilt top finished. I sewed all the blocks by hand, using various Inklingo collections to print my HSTs and squares, and then used the sewing machine to add the sashing and border. The little top finished at 22″ square. As of yet, it’s still unnamed but I’m leaning towards just simply naming it “Canada Day 2017”. A label needs to be done for it as well.
The picture is not as good as we had hoped, but it was very windy here yesterday and there was no chance we could take it out to the roof garden to photograph. And trying to get a picture indoors without kitty help was – well, a challenge! Once it’s quilted and bound, which is my goal for next weekend, then we will find a good day to photograph it outside.
I’m so happy about how easy it was to avoid cutting off the tips of the HSTs when adding the sashing and border. Thanks to the stitching lines I could follow that were printed on the backs of my fabrics when I printed the various shapes, it really wasn’t difficult and I got a great result. Inklingo makes me a lot more confident when I machine piece, and after seeing just how easy this was, I think I’m going to try to use the sewing machine a bit more often!
Now that I have learned to do perfect mitred corners easily, I think all my quilts will have them. Even this little top.
“Checkin’ Out the Red & White Top”
Jake posing on the kitty tree.
Mr. Q.O. downloaded photos from one of his cameras yesterday and found a treasure trove! This one of Baxter in a box is one of those photos. I laughed when I saw it. It looks to me as though that box may have been slightly too small for him – of course! He’s a cat and determined to stuff himself into any box, no matter what the size!