Last year there was an Inklingo mystery quilt – the Case of the Stranger in Margaritaville. I finished the top, except for the border or borders (I’m still undecided) I want to add to it, but I don’t think I’ve ever shown a picture of it.
Right now it measures 30″ square, but it will be getting a bit larger with an added border or two. It was made with the 6″ Key West Beauty collection and was lots of fun to sew. If I had yardage of the batiks I used in it, I think I’d actually be making it a bit bigger but it will be a nice wallhanging size when it’s finished. Links to all the clues for the Case of the Stranger in Margaritaville are available through this blog post on the All About Inklingo blog. The final clue had some great layouts for larger quilts, which is why I now wish I’d bought yardage of the batiks as I would have loved to make this one larger.
This year’s Inklingo mystery is the Case of the Diamond Necklace (links to all the clues up to now can be found on this post at the All About Inklingo blog) and is being made with the 1.75″ 60-degree diamond collection. So far there have been six clues that have resulted in six of these…
… and six of these …
… and …
… six of these. I fussy cut/printed my fabrics for the stars and, of course, had to show more than one of them as I love the effect from fussy cutting/printing!
And now there will be six of these to add to the mix. So far I’ve got one finished. There’s lots and lots of continuous sewing putting this clue together, so they do go fairly fast.
How on earth all these are going to go together is a mystery and I can’t wait to see the final design. Having six units of something or another to make each week while doing this mystery has been a fun little distraction from working on the Pickled Ladies but by tomorrow evening, I’ll have those last five units done and will be back to working on Pickled Ladies.
Jake had possession of toys.
Baxter didn’t care about toys – he had possession of the remote!