Last week, a new Inklingo collection for a log cabin using .50″ logs was released. Up until recently, I have never been inclined to make a log cabin but I loved having the rectangles with all the matching points and stitching lines, as there are a lot of uses for rectangles. On Thursday, though, I started playing with some ideas and printed 2 sets of the logs on 16 pink and 16 green fabrics. As I’m contemplating stitching this by machine, I printed with a somewhat darker ink than I would use for hand piecing.
After cutting out a few of the logs, I started playing with laying them out using my design book. I hope to spend some time on the weekend stitching at least a couple of these blocks. It won’t be a large quilt, probably only a small table topper or teddy bear quilt, but I’m looking forward to seeing the blocks come together.
If I actually stitch these by machine, it’s possible I’ll have made 2 quilts by machine within a couple of weeks. That’s rather hard to believe! Today I’ll be working on the baby quilt all day and evening. It has to be finished up to the point of getting the binding on by the time the night’s over as I’m heading off to the Creativ Festival Saturday afternoon. I can tack the binding down Saturday night and then wash it on Sunday morning in time for the baby shower. Then I get to play with the log cabin blocks.
Smudge was posing for the camera Thursday night. We’re seeing quite a change in him. He’s much more vocal and wants to have us within his range of vision at all times.