The third of the blue and white Seven Sisters blocks is done. This is a very long-term project, as I’ve only made 3 or 4 of them over the past year. The little stars are amazingly quick to put together and I’ve finally found a stitching sequence when putting the blocks together that involves lots of continuous stitching and seems much faster.
The baby quilt didn’t get basted on Tuesday, but will this week. I’m getting very close to putting the pink and cream star top together. There are only two more blocks left to which I need to add the setting triangles and squares, which I can probably get finished today. Then it will be time to add the sashing and borders which I plan to do by machine. At this rate, I’ll be ready to baste it at the same time as the baby quilt — and a couple of other tops that will be wallhangings.
Our vet called on Tuesday and we’re taking Smudge in on Friday for a weigh-in and colour check. He’s definitely eating more on his own, so it will be interesting to see what his weight is now.
A close-up of Lester.