I had already made a quilt for my cousin’s new addition to the family due in February, but realized it’s really too large for a newborn and is more of a lap quilt size. I was playing with some ideas for another baby quilt, when I remembered this was partially done. So on Boxing Day I got this out of the UFO pile and started adding to it. It’s quick to stitch, so I’m hoping to have the top finished by the end of the week other than the final setting pieces around the edges. I have lots of diamonds and triangles of the right size already printed on ’30s prints, so will be able to use them for the edge pieces.
I’m very grateful I had started this and had put everything for it away together. It was nice to be able to just pull out the box and have everything in one spot. Within minutes of pulling the box out, I was stitching. As much as I enjoyed making the blocks, I think because I didn’t have a recipient for it in mind it lost some of its appeal. Now that I have a goal in mind, I’m excited about stitching it again.
Smudge continues to improve. He’s starting to treat us to some of his crazy poses, like this one.
Lester is being a bit more dignified.