The missing container of hexagons was finally found. The photo only shows about half the hexagons that are actually contained in there, all .50″ hexagons. So after what seems like weeks, I was able to make one little flower to add to my garden for One Flower Wednesday.
This time I tried a different stitching sequence than my normal and found that it’s much faster. Linda Franz posted this video on stitching hexagons on her blog last week and after watching it, I figured I’d try that stitching sequence. It definitely makes a difference.
The pieced blocks for the baby quilt are finished. As soon as I finish some work today, I’m going to lay them all out with the sashing elements and get started putting the top together. It’s pretty clear now I won’t finish it by the end of August, but I’m still going to try for by the middle of September.
Was something going on with Blogger blogs on Tuesday? I was able to leave comments on a few blogs early in the day but then had difficulties later in the day leaving comments.
The following two photos are of Queen’s Park — a park near our provincial legislature which is also called Queen’s Park. It’s a beautiful park with lots and lots of lovely trees and just a short walk from here.
A view north towards Queen’s Park, the legislature building, from University Avenue:
Another view, as one goes further north on University Avenue:
I noticed that some of the leaves on the trees on the roof garden are turning yellow and falling already. It’s still quite warm, but the light is definitely changing.
Smudge is getting into cooler weather mode, I think, wanting lots of lap time.
A rather soft focus shot of Lester: