What else have I been working on? Well, things that involve curved piecing, of course, because I can’t resist it.
I made the label for the Joseph’s Coat top. I’ve basted the seam allowances under so that they don’t fray for however long it takes before I get it quilted and ready to have a label attached to the back. I had printed a few more melons than I needed for the top so I decided to use them to make this for the label.
I’ve also been sewing loads and loads of these for the burnt orange and white Double Wedding Ring top that I’m making. Sometimes, while piecing the arcs, I wonder what possessed me to use the tiniest of the arc pieces for this, but I know I’m going to love the look of the quilt when it’s finally finished.
Those have turned into a nice stack of rings. Once I get the Pickled Ladies top finished, I think I’m going to try to just buckle down and get the DWR finished. That will be my fourth two-colour quilt when it’s finished, and there are at least two more that I want to make – another blue and white one and another red and white one. No, I think there are at least three more I want to make as I would really love to make another pink and white one and I keep thinking about a red and pink one.
Jake looks rather regal on the pillow, I think.
The look on Baxter’s face cracks me up.